COVID-19 and visits to The Cat Hospital.
We are open but are only seeing patients by appointment. Please call ahead for an appointment, to request refills or purchase food. For everyone’s safety we are minimizing the number of people in our office at one time.
It is our priority to help you care for your beloved cat and help keep you and our staff safe during this uncertain time. We are adjusting our hospital protocols to help meet these goals in the following ways:
- We have increased our already robust cleaning and sanitation procedures here at The Cat Hospital. Commonly touched surfaces are being cleaned and disinfected frequently. As always, each exam room is sanitized between patients.
- We are asking that only one owner accompany your cat to the office to minimize the number of people in our office and help to maintain proper social distancing. We will get a medical history from you in our waiting area with safe social distancing. Then our doctor and veterinary technician will perform a full physical exam in an exam room with just your cat. After which our doctor will discuss our findings and treatment plan at a comfortable social distance back in our waiting area.
- For more minor medical issues we have the capability to do a telemedicine or video chat with you. This is only available for patients we have already seen and have a valid client patient relationship with our hospital. You can download the televet app at the bottom of the page and once registered, request a consult.
- We ask that any elective or wellness visits be postponed until mid-April if possible. If you need routine vaccinations and health certificates to travel home, we will schedule these visits as needed.
- We will only see patients by appointment. This is to minimize the number of people in our office and help keep everyone safe. Please call ahead and schedule.
- Patients needing testing or procedures will need to be dropped off. We will call when your cat is ready to go home.
When it is time for your cat to go home, we will call and discuss our findings and treatment plan by phone. The staff will settle the invoice over the phone and set up a discharge time. When you arrive at the hospital, call us and we will bring your cat out to your car. We ask that you move the passenger seat forward and the technician will place the carrier in the back-seat foot well for safety.
- For now, The Cat Hospital is only taking credit cards, no cash or checks.
- Please call ahead for prescription refills, we will let you know when the medication is ready, take payment over the phone. We will hand you the medication refills or bring it out to your vehicle.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough or shortness of breath) must call and discuss with us before coming into the office. We can arrange to have a technician in personal protective equipment come out to the car to get your cat. Your cat MUST be in a carrier-there are no exceptions. We will then call you to get a history and discuss a treatment plan.
Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping everyone safe.
The Cat Hospital of Ft Myers.
Additional information regarding COVID-19:
Veterinary Information Network/Veterinary Partner
World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
Journal of the American Medical Association